torsdag den 31. juli 2014

Assembly starting in 3...2...1... now!

I assembled the y-axis frame using four 8mm threaded rod, two 10mm threaded rod and two 8mm smoooooth rods. They were assembled with the corner pieces machined earlier. I used dome nuts where possible to make it look nicer, although frankly the threaded rod looks a little... ugly. I'll see if I can do some sort of cover-up of that, with aluminium tube or something. Otherwise I might just leave as is. I printed three lm8uu bearing holders to mount the y-carriage and also printed a belt tensioner. But as it turned out there were three holes, not two, so the belt holder doesn't fit. I need to design a belt tensioner to fit.


I also assembled the acrylic frame. I had to use a certain batch of 3mm nuts to fit in the laser cuts, since the tolerances are very tight. One hole chipped when I pressed the nut in too hard. But it is neither a problem for assembly, nor very visible, so I think I'll be okay.

I printed the x-axis motor mount and idler holder and see if they fit. They did! so I printed a carriage and now the individual axis are movable!





Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar